If I wasnt so tired from my workout today, I would have thought of NINE reasons to love 9Round. I first started at 9Round with a one month trial through Groupon (I go to the Overland Park location) but am still going three months later. 9Round is a fitness center with a kickboxing focus- there are 9 separate “rounds” or stations with a different combination of exercises each day. So here’s why I keep going back!
1. There are no set class times. You can go anytime they are open and you will get started on a station and work your way through all 9 stations. This works great for me since our schedule is always changing with the kid’s sports and activities.
2. I feel comfortable. I’m not a big fan of working out in front of people and I’m an introvert but I feel very comfortable here. Everyone is busy at their own station and no one is paying attention to how awkward I look! And for an added bonus, the lights are kept low.
3. Even uncoordinated people like me can work out here. There is always a trainer there and they show you what to do at each station. If you are one of those people that can watch someone do something and then easily repeat it, good for you! If not, and you have to ask them to show you something two or three times, I promise they won’t make fun of you.
4. I’m still running a few days a week (just signed up for the Plaza 10k- ahhhh!) but I really like how I can get a great full body workout here- no more jiggly mom arms! Even my Superman husband thought it was a great workout! But not to worry- I have seen men and women of all ages and fitness levels working out here- everyone is welcome.
5. It’s only 30 minutes! It’s always hard for a mom to find time to workout but most of us can squeeze in 30 minutes a couple times a week. And I even brought my kids with me once- after seeing me kick and punch for 30 minutes, they were very well behaved for the rest of the day!
6. The trainers are nice. They don’t yell or get in your face, but they do encourage you to do your best. And I’m not married to them so it makes doing what they tell me a lot easier (sorry honey!)
7. The workouts change every day so I never get bored. My favorite stations involve punching and kicking. I typically go three days a week but the membership fee allows unlimited classes. Apparently there are people that go through all nine rounds more than once a day- I don’t know who those people are but they must be crazy!
8. They have a monthly membership option. The cheapest way to go is to do an annual membership but if you aren’t sure it will work for you for an entire year, you can always just do the month to month option.
The first class is always free so if anyone wants to try it out let me know- I would love to have a friend come with me!
Here’s my pink boxing gloves.
And a look at a few of the stations-